Saturday, March 28, 2009

How do I manage an inventory with a database?

I%26#039;m in charge of ordering my company%26#039;s office supplies and am looking for a simple, easy way to do this. Basically, I want to be able to keep a record of the item name, who or what it is for(description), how many I have, and what the unit of measure is (each, pack, case, sheet, etc). Then I would like to be able to manage it much like a bank account, saying what date an employee took something, what their name is, what it was, how many, etc., and be able to have that amount subtracted from the total amount in stock. Also, when I order more, I would like to enter the apropriate information, and have that number added to the total. In effect, I%26#039;d like it to work like a withdrawel/ deposit system (like a bank).





But, I%26#039;m getting the feeling that I%26#039;m wanting too much. If there is anyone out there who can help point me in the right direction, I%26#039;d be very appreciative!
How do I manage an inventory with a database?
I think the best way for you to do that would be to use spreadsheets...it sounds like you want to record many types of data, though, so you may need to use separate spreadsheets for each %26quot;item%26quot; in stock for readability and to make it easier to handle. After you have all of the formulas set up, you can do the withdraw/deposit stuff fairly quickly.
How do I manage an inventory with a database?
Hi,





You might want to give inFlow Inventory a try:


http://www.inflowinventory.com





They offer a Free Edition which you can use forever. It sounds like they can do pretty much what you want. They have a video on the website and you can even download the software directly from there.





Hope this help! :)
Reply:if you have ms access installed there is a simple template available on microsoft%26#039;s site for what you are looking to do. check the link below. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment