Saturday, March 28, 2009

Should I add this to my resume?

I was recently asked to sit on the board for a non-profit organization (dealing with animals and adults with developmental disabilities). I haven%26#039;t done a whole lot with the organization yet, but I plan to and I hope to be involved (ideally as a board member) for many many years.





I won%26#039;t be rewriting my resume for a few months but when that time comes should I add this? If yes where does it go and how should I format it?





Thanks!
Should I add this to my resume?
Stuff like that looks great on a resume. Yes, definitely put it on your resume. You can make a separate section for volunteer work, or leave it with employment. It is a job, it just doesn%26#039;t pay anything financially. If you%26#039;re given any awards you can also add that to your resume - whether they be from school or from volunteer work.

No comments:

Post a Comment